The entire world is going social on the Internet these days. Dating on social networking websites is the new ‘it’ thing, because here you can lose our apprehensions and inhibitions and talk to any person you like. It is so unlike the real world where you have to muster courage in order to lay your heart bare in front of someone you really like. Internet is the easiest medium to make new friends and search for potential partners. There are people who are experiencing ‘happily ever after’s with their partners they met through some dating websites, while there are others, who, unfortunately got duped and cheated. This world of online dating is extremely convenient and easy, and people get lured into it easily. Hence it is highly recommended to stay safe and cautious while you are entering this extremely fascinating world of dating on the world wide web.
Below are some online dating tips for successful and safe online dating:
1. Don’t judge a book by its cover: So you met this perfect guy online, and you are planning to pledge your heart and soul to him. Well, don’t! People don many masks online, and you never know how and when you might get cheated.
Never get lured by these tricksters posing as ‘super successful bankers’ online. Do an extensive research before sharing your personal information online, as this would save you from a lot of unnecessary hassles in the future.
2. Don’t drop your guard: On the internet, one person can assume many identities, hence it is important to stay cautious all the time. Be wary of strangers asking for your personal information and do a thorough research about the person before meeting him in person. These days, with the advent of social media, it is not that difficult to connect with a lot of people, so it is highly probable that you will find many people who’d know the person you want to date. It is always safe to inquire before taking the plunge. We understand it’s an arduous task, but as they say ‘Better safe than sorry’. You wouldn’t want your online experience to be a nightmare, would you?
3. Be impressive: If you are serious about finding your life partner online, then you need a flawless profile that highlights your interests and focuses on your achievements. Put up your best picture, be as creative as possible while describing yourself, and let this magical world of the Internet unfold its various surprises before you.
4. Smart is the new sexy: Gone are the days, when people used to get attracted to dumb chicks who didn’t care a damn about the world. Nowadays people fall for girls who know the difference between elections and by-elections. Your innocent, sweet as a pie, or wild and sexy pictures are not going to work miracles for you if you don’t know the name of the current finance minister of the country.
Guys tend to fall for smart girls who can make the time they spend with them enriching and productive, that’s the reason most of them want to marry up (George Clooney and Amal Alamuddin). Amal Alamuddin – yes, that’s exactly who you should strive to become – a smart, successful, independent lady who can take on the world should the need arise.
5. Don’t hesitate to make the first move: Online dating is all about losing your inhibitions and talking to the person you really like, something you wouldn’t generally do in your real life.
So, if you come across a profile that impresses you to a large extent, don’t hesitate to contact him or send him a request. But make sure that you don’t sound desperate to befriend him, because desperation ruins the game.
6. Stay clear of the weirdos: Before accepting any invitation to chat, make sure to go through his profile, and if you find things like ‘Ma life, ma rulezzzz’ or ‘works at I don’t work, I am too cool’, please block him for the sake of your sanity.
Because he, at first would like to ‘fraandship’ with you, and then try to suck the entire happiness from your life with his atrocious grammar and wannabe social skills. Shudder!
7. How to spot a fake profile: There are hundreds of fake profiles on social networking websites ready to trap women looking for some dating experience, and have fun at their expense.
More often than not, these profiles come with a fake profile picture (either a celebrity or an emo), and almost no friends. Just avoid these profiles. They can prove to be dangerous.
8. Chat sensibly: It is important to be witty and humorous while having your first chat with someone you think can be your partner, but it is advisable to not go over the top while chatting, otherwise you might come across as a bragging megalomaniac. Keep it simple, sensible, and funny. Try to talk less and listen more. This would not only impress the other person but would also help you understand him in a much better way.
9. The most usual, just be yourself: Yes, it is important to be yourself and not don someone else’s personality while you are chatting with your crush online. Remember a fake personality might help you win over the other person for a short while, but this is not going to last.
If you are looking for a serious relationship, and not a mere fling, through an online dating platform, then it is important for you to be your casual self.
The world of online dating is intriguing, mysterious, complex and simple at the same time. So, while it is important to be casual, fun, and flirty while dating online, it is also equally necessary to be careful and cautious so as to avoid unnecessary trouble. You cannot afford to make mistakes in the merciless world of the world wide web, so don’t overdo the fun quotient while dating online. Just keep these things in mind, and explore the quirky idea of finding your perfect one on a social networking website. Happy dating!