Swinging on the other side of 30 and you are still single? Detest going out because you don’t have a date? It is about time that we talk about it. You need to know that being single isn’t a curse. There is nothing wrong with you if you don’t have a date by your side all the time. We know that a lot of people are worried about being single because they think it is a matter of self-esteem.
If you too believe that staying single is tantamount to you being not good enough, you surely need a big reality check! We bring to you a list of 20 of the finest inspirational quotes that will prove how women are amazing just as they are and they don’t need a man to validate who they are. Your relationship status isn’t a certificate of your worthiness. You can be your own hero! We are sure you will rock the sass of singlehood just right.
Suggested read: I’m 30 and single in modern India, and I’m OKAY!
1. “My alone feels so good, I’ll only have you if you’re sweeter than my solitude.” – Warsan Shire
Solitude can be such a sweet companion if you know how to be in love with yourself.
2. You, alone, are already all the things you could ever hope to be: confident, happy, free, spirited, ambitious, determined, independent, strong and most of all, brave.
Yes – all you single ladies out there, this one is for you! You don’t need a guy to validate all the great things you already are! Shine on, you beauty!
3. “Now I’m feeling how I should. Never knew single could feel this good.” – Jason Derulo
Stop beating yourself up just because you had a breakup and you are single now. It is often cool to be single.
4. Being single used to mean that nobody wanted you. Now, it means you’re pretty sexy and you are taking your time deciding how you want your life to be and who you want to spend it with.
Yes, the time is right for changing your outlook. You are wanted, but you just have high standards. Don’t lower them for anyone.
5. “I am a lover without a lover. I am lovely and lonely and I belong deeply to myself.” – Warsan Shire
Hands down, one of the best quotes about being single we have read!
6. The moment you realize that happiness was never about getting a person. They are only a helpmate towards achieving your life mission.
Know this, single ladies. While we do not want to sound like we are against love, happiness has to come from within first.
7. Single is not a status, it is a word that describes a person who is strong enough to love and enjoy life without depending upon others.
Tape this on your mirror and make sure to read it out loud every day, especially when you are feeling a little down.
8. If you are single, focus on being a better you instead of looking for someone better than your ex. A better you will attract a better next.
This one in particular goes out to every single girl who ends up lowering her standards and ending up in the wrong relationship just because she dreads the dilemma of being branded as 30 and still single. No, darling. It’s okay to be totally single.
9. I have been single for a while and I have to say, it’s going very well. Like… it’s working out… I think I am ‘the one.’
For the girls who have that extra sass and the perfect style and are comfortable in their own skin, this is surely one of the best inspirational quotes to help you feel revitalized. Trust us, we love when you giggle and smile like you are in love with your life.
Suggested read: 10 awesome benefits of being single and NOT dating anyone
10. “Single is no longer a lack of options – but a choice. A choice to refuse to let your life be defined by your relationship status but to live every day happily and let your Ever After work itself out.” – Mandy Hale
We absolutely love Mandy Hale, and she has all the golden words of wisdom that definitely help us single ladies breeze through our lives.
11. You don’t need to have two people to have two wine glasses.
All you beautiful young ladies who have a thing for drinks – this is undoubtedly the best thing you could hope to read. As long as you don’t need another person to hold two wine glasses, why would we ever whine! Wine over whine sounds so nice, no?
12. Date yourself. Take yourself out to eat. Don’t share your popcorn at the movies with anyone. Stroll around an art museum alone. Fall in love with canvases. Fall in love with yourself.
We have always believed that falling in love with yourself is undoubtedly the very best thing that could happen to any girl. Try it out for it is one of the best love stories you’ll ever experience!
13. Stay single until someone actually complements your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it’s not worth it.
Yep. The next time you are dangerously close to lowering your dating standards, just remember this quote, because you’re perfect the way you are. You don’t need someone to complete you, just complement you.
14. Who says you have to wait on Prince Charming? Go slay your own fucking dragon.
For all those feisty divas who are more than ready to be the hero of their own story, this one is surely for you.
15. Sometimes, it takes balls to be a woman.
This one is our personal favorite! Every moron a-hole who thinks they can own the world just because they have different genitalia needs to be told this. Women can be just as feisty and strong as any man.
16. “’Single’ is an opportunity to live life on your own terms and not apologize.” – Mandy Hale
Stop compromising on your own life only because there is no one to tag along with you. The right time will bring the right guy. Until then, you can cruise along and you will surely do just fine.
17. Not everyone has to ride off into the sunset with a man. Some of us just want a tan. 😉
All those beautiful ladies out there who are perfectly content being single, this one is for you. Enjoy the pleasure of the sheer glory of what life has for you.
18. Single ladies, we are not damsels in distress… we are divas that impress!
Yepsolutely! Stop looking at yourself like you are someone who needs rescuing. Those days are long gone, and all we really need to be strong and heroes of our own lives so that not even the strongest storm can pull us down.
19. Strong women don’t play victim, don’t make themselves look pitiful and don’t point fingers. They stand and they deal.
Now, you have ample reason to deal with your own troubles and you should be strong. Stop looking for a man to deal with the tiring times and the bumps life often throws in your way. You are stronger than the strongest troubles out there.
20. The best thing a woman can have is her sh*t together.
Finally, this one quote seals the deal. As long as you have your life together, there is absolutely nothing to worry about. Life is beautiful and to have a guy you can melt into can be perfect, but it will happen when it has to. Don’t stop living your life because you are still not lucky in the lanes of love.
So, if you are single and still not settled, it is time for you to get your inspiration dose and to become the gorgeous diva you truly are. All you needed was the right words, and now, go take a look in the mirror and roar like the tigress you are!
Who even needs someone when you are so awesome yourself? We love you and you’re amazing. Never let someone else make you believe otherwise.
Which of these inspirational quotes about being single seems appeal to you the most? We are sure you must have more to add and we would like to hear from you.