The art of complimenting does not come naturally to most people. But it isn’t something that can’t be learned. In today’s post we will help you stock up your arsenal with the kindest compliments you can shower on people you love the most or those who make your life a little easier by just existing.
The 50 best compliments that you should keep handy. Let these compliments help you learn the art of complimenting.
- You are one of the bravest people I know.
- You have done such an amazing job by being kind and compassionate to yourself.
- You are a thorough professional.
- You deserve the best things in life.
- You are more helpful than you give yourself credit for.
- Your kindness and love works like a balm on everyone around you.
- Your sense of humor is a gift to the world.
- You are a gift to the world.
- How do you do everything so perfectly?
- You are like the warm sun on a rainy day.
- You remind me of my favorite person.
- You dress up so elegantly. It is a treat for everyone.
- You have a way with words.
- Aren’t you the kindest soul on earth?!
- You smell so good!
- Being with you is a happy little vacation for me.
- You are special to me.
- You have a responsible head on those shoulders.
- Time passes so quickly when I am with you.
- There is so much to learn from you.
- You are so free-spirited; I am almost jealous.
- You make learning fun.
- I don’t know what I would do without you.
- How do you make everything alright?
- You always know when to say what.
- You are a warrior.
- You give me strength.
- When I count my blessings, you are one of them.
- I think you can even survive the apocalypse because you are that amazing.
- You are always brimming with ideas.
- You are like a candle that extinguishes all darkness.
- Whenever life knocks you down, you get up stronger and braver than ever before.
- You are an example of courage.
- How do you always look at things so positively?
- I always see you learning new things, which is extremely motivating for all of us.
- When you make mistakes, you always apologize, and that makes you my favorite person.
- Your voice is like honey.
- I always have the best time when with you.
- Your perspective on things is really motivating.
- You have new take on things.
- You know how to make people smile.
- You hustle so hard; the energy is contagious.
- You are such a great listener. The world needs more people like you.
- You are making a huge difference through your work.
- You can be whoever you want to be.
- On a scale of 0 to 100, you will always be 101 awesome!
- You get better with each day. How do you do that?
- You are a problem solver.
- Your generosity and kindness knows no bounds.
- The world needs parents like you.
And here are some of the best compliments from movies and TV shows.
- “You have such a pretty face, you should be on a Christmas card!”
– Buddy the elf to Deb in “Elf.”
- “Because I’m good enough, smart enough, and, doggone it, people like me!”
– Stuart Smalley on “Saturday Night Live.”
- Clark Griswold: My cousin in-law, whose heart is bigger than his brain … Cousin Eddie: I appreciate that, Clark. Clark: … is innocent.
– Clark and Eddie in Christmas Vacation
- “That’s more than a dress. That’s an Audrey Hepburn movie.”
– Jerry Maguire in “Jerry Maguire.”
- “I see you’re drinking 1%. Is that ’cause you think you’re fat? ‘Cause you’re not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to.”
– Napoleon Dynamite, referring to Deb’s milk in “Napoleon Dynamite.”
- “You make me want to be a better man.”
– Melvin Udall to Carol Connelly in “As Good As It Gets.”
- Vincent ‘Vinnie’ Antonelli: You know, it’s dangerous for you to be here in the frozen food section. Shaldeen: Why is that? Vincent ‘Vinnie’ Antonelli: Because you could melt all this stuff.
– Vinnie to Shaldeen in “My Blue Heaven.”
- “I don’t think you’re an idiot at all. I mean, there are elements of the ridiculous about you. Your mother’s pretty interesting. And you really are an appallingly bad public speaker. And, um, you tend to let whatever’s in your head come out of your mouth without much consideration of the consequences … But the thing is, um, what I’m trying to say, very inarticulately, is that, um, in fact, perhaps despite appearances, I like you, very much. Just as you are.”
– Mark Darcy to Bridget in “Bridget Jones’ Diary.”
- “I friggin’ worship you, man.”
– Hansel to Derek Zoolander in “Zoolander.”
- “I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.”
– Arwen to Aragorn in “The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.”
- Juno MacGuff: ‘Cause you’re, like, the coolest person I’ve ever met, and you don’t even have to try, you know… Paulie Bleeker: I try really hard, actually.
– Juno to Paulie in “Juno.”
- Jerry Maguire: I love you. You … you complete me. And I just … Dorothy Boyd: Shut up, [pause] just shut up. [Pause] You had me at “hello.”
– Jerry and Dorothy in “Jerry Maguire.”
- “You know what, you’ve got spunk!”
– Lou Grant to Mary Richards on “The Mary Tyler Moore Show.”
- “Honey, I’m so proud of you. I watched you very closely, and you didn’t screw up once!”
– Carolyn Burnham in “American Beauty.”
- “How great is it for you that I’m not intimidated by your brilliance?”
– Julian Mercer to Erica Barry in “Something’s Gotta Give.”
- “I’m madly in love with you and it’s not because of your brains or your personality. It’s because you’re beautiful, inside and out.”
-Grandpa to Olive in “Little Miss Sunshine.
- Reggie Lampert: Do you know what’s wrong with you? Peter Joshua: No, what? Reggie Lampert: Nothing!”
– Regina to Peter in “Charade”.
- “You like boats, but not the ocean. You go to a lake in the summer with your family up in the mountains. There’s a long wooden dock and a boathouse with boards missing from the roof, and a place you used to crawl underneath to be alone. You’re a sucker for French poetry and rhinestones. You’re very generous. You’re kind to strangers and children, and when you stand in the snow you look like an angel.”
– Phil to Rita in “Groundhog Day.”
- “You’re so wise. You’re like a miniature Buddha, covered in hair.”
– Ron Burgundy to his dog in “Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy.”
That is a wrap on today’s post on the art of complimenting. Did you find this useful? Let us know in the comment section below. If you have any recommendations of your own, then do share them with us!
To receive these posts in your inbox, sign up for our daily newsletter today. Our posts come wrapped in love.
See you again tomorrow.
Featured image source: Google, copyright-free image under Creative Commons License