11. In the resulting cocktail of confused rage and self-pity, you promise yourself that you are going to find someone steady before they do. And someone better!
12. But the reality dawns on you. There are plenty of fish, but many are rotten. They are either perverts or clingy or uninteresting or you are too busy to notice them with your mind filled with your ex’s memories.
Suggested read: How to put your life back together after an intense breakup
13. Moment of truth 2 – “Relationships are just not for me. I was meant to be single and I’m happier this way.”
14. You finally get yourself to burn their pictures, unfriend / unfollow them on social media and dispose gifts given by them to clear out some clutter from your life.
15. There’s a momentary sinking feeling as you see the burning photos and gifts and you want to put out the fire. But none of these actions work, and even grief can’t be felt as you go numb.
16. One fine day, you accidentally encounter your ex for the first time after break up and realize you still have feelings for them – all the memories come rushing back to you.
17. The flood of emotions gets your mind muddled up all over again. And you feel like nothing has transpired in all these months.
Suggested read: 10 things you must NEVER do at the start of a relationship
18. Then the question that has been haunting you – “Should I try to get back together?”
19. Moment of truth 3 – “Things cannot be the same between us again and we are not good together.” For all practical purposes, this is the real breakup.