Bollywood may be a big, dull dud at sci-fi and horror or even comedy but it sure knows to make romance come alive.
As we kiss 2015 adieu, we take a look at the most romantic dialogues the year brought us, courtesy Bollywood (coz really, no one does romance better!)..here’s proof:
1. “Tum bhi mujhse pyar karti ho, bahut pyar, lekin kahogi nahi … tadapogi mere bagair lekin jataogi nahi.
Mere paas aana chahti ho, seene se lagke rona chahti ho, dil mein rehna chahti ho lekin rahogi nahi.
Lekin main tumhari tarah nahi hoon. Main toh reh hi nahi sakta yeh kahe bina ki mujhe tumse ishq hai”
Because when two people love each other till the end of time but time takes away from them all moments in which they can be together- the PAIN becomes unbearable. Isn’t Emraan just the absolute best when it comes to this? #InLoveWithYouSinceJannat
2. “Pyaar kiya hai maine tumse, aur main yeh nahi kar sakti ke apna swarg sajane ke liye, tumhe iss nark ne dhakel du.”
Again, from Hamari Adhuri Kahani. Makes you wonder about the selfless nature of true love, no? <goosebumps>
3. “Saari shikayatein ek saath likhva dijiye, mooch, shirt, tie, pant, underwear, banyan, kuch mat chhodiye, dhajjiyan udha dijiye lekin pyar nahi karta, yeh mat likhvaiye.”
This dialogue is from the movie Prem Ratan Dhan Paayo. What’s romantic in this? Note down all the things you don’t like about me, but never say that I don’t love you- in the Salman-esque flavor! <melt>
4. “Tere is chehre pe main sanam marta hoon … toot na jaye dil, main sanam darta hoon”
This dialogue is from the film Hunterr. Uff, this is quintessential hindi cinema FILMY-brand of romantic!
5. “Pyar karne waale kabhi darte nahi…joh darte hai woh pyar karte nahi”
Such potential to become an iconic dialogue! In a movie that nowhere qualified the christening it had (Hero),this one dialogue certainly stood out as a mush-moment.
Suggested read: 10 most viewed Bollywood songs of 2015
6. “Hum thode bewafaa kya hue … aap toh badchalan ho gaye”
You’ll ask me what is romantic in this dialogue from Tanu Weds Manu Returns. Well, the emotions that Tanu goes through while saying this dialogue makes it heart breaking – you can see how much she wants to be with Manu! A classic case of ‘you don’t realise what you have, until it is lost!’
7. “Ishq…joh toofani dariya se bagavat kar jaaye woh ishq. Bhare darbar mein joh duniya se ladh jaaye woh ishq. Joh mehboob ko dekhe toh khuda ko bhool jaaye woh ishq!”
How can we forget Bajirao Mastani? If someone said this to me, I would melt right there! What a beautiful dialogue!
8. “Aaisa kyun hai ki jab koi saath hai toh insaan usse kitni baatein kehna bhool jaata hai, aur aaisa kyun hai ki jab koi door chala jaata hai toh insaan ko kitni baatein yaad aati hai joh keh deni chahiye thi”
This dialogue from Dil Dhadakne Do is so accurate that it immediately hits home with all of us… We don’t value the person we have, and cry for them when they leave.
9. “Tujhe Mere jaisa Koi pyaar nahi karega,
Kar hi nahi sakta,
is that clear? Is that clear?”
Isn’t it so amazing when the person you love loves you back just as much? This dialogue from Katti Batti is the perfect quip to use on someone you love and who loves you. Tell someone that they are only yours, and no one can possibly love them as much!
10. “Hamare dil ek saath dhadakte hai…aur ek saath rukte bhi hai”
Another gem from Bajirao Mastani. Sigh… If only such love existed in real life!!!
Compared to yesteryears, this year might have seen an ebb in romance, but let’s hope for a lot more romance in 2016 from Bollywood!