Ranbir Kapoor is one of the most promising stars of our generation to have graced the silver screen. His wit, charisma and chocolate boy image have won the hearts of women of all ages.
Image source: Google, copyright-free image under Creative Commons License
Whether he is playing a heartbroken musician in Rockstar, a slacker in Wake Up Sid or a travel journalist in Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Ranbir has always made the romantic in us sigh, with his exceptionally endearing dialogues. His lover boy image is perfect for the coming of age, romantic movies that make the audiences hearts flutter with affection. Here are some of the most adorable romantic dialogues from his films..
1. “Teri smile kitni dangerous hai pata hai? … mere paas dil hota na, teri smile pe pakka aa jaata.” – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
How often do you see an out-and-out charmer compliment you by drawing attention to one of his own shortcomings? Almost never- except here. This line is a winner.
2. “Tum pehle bhi itni khoobsurat thi … ya waqt ne kiya koi haseen sitam? “ – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
In this one, Ranbir decides to turn on the cheese machine and delivers a typical romantic dialogue, worthy of many congratulatory “Wah, wah!”-s. What- you can’t deny that, can you- Deepika confirms in the very next dialogue!
Suggested read: 12 times King Khan made us go all fuzzy as a true family man
3. “Tumhare jaisi ladkiyan flirting ke liye nahi … ishq ke liye bani hai.” – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
Ranbir’s assertion is definite. Met with claps and seetis when it was screened at theaters, this one sets the girl a class apart. And which girl doesn’t like that? 😉
4. “Love, pyar, ishq, mohabbat … jab hota hai, jisko hota hai … duniya badal deta hai” – Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008)
And when Ranbir says something like this, you know your world has changed.
5. “Tu right nahi hai Naina, bas mujhse thodi alag hai” – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
This one became a love lesson for our generation- a nugget of wisdom, as it were- wrapped in oodles of charm! *melt*
6. “Yaar soch toh hamare bacche kitne lucky honge- mere good looks aur meri akal” – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
Okay, this one might be a tad bit corny coming from anyone else- but who can deny Ranbir’s charm?
7. “ Main udna chahta hoon, daudna chahta hoon, girna bhi chahta hoon … bus rukna nahi chahta” –Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
Not quite romantic in the conventional sense, this is quite a charming philosophy to espouse. After all, it became the motto of millions after YJHD!
Suggested read: 6 reasons why Salman Khan has the biggest heart in Bollywood
8. “Toote huye dil se hi sangeet nikalta hai” – Rockstar (2011)
Janardan Jakhar states his purpose with utmost confidence. This is certainly one of the many poetic dialogues from the movie. And I can sure see artists nodding! Ya, that’s right!
9. “Yahan har mausam se pyar hota hai … aur har mausam mein pyar hota hai.” – Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008)
Ranbir returns with the cheesiness in this dialogue which is bound to make women vow to love him, no matter the season!
10. “Pyar paana jitna mushkil hota hai na … utni hi aasani se kho bhi jaata hai.” – Bachna Ae Haseeno (2008)
Ranbir’s poignant acknowledgement of the transience of love resonates with each of us.
11. “Waqt rukta nahi, beet jata hai aur hum kharch ho jaate hain. Isse pehle ki main kharch ho jaau, main apna waqt tere saath bitana chahta hoon.” – Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani (2013)
This line from Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani is philosophy and romance rolled in one. It makes one think just how much we forget to steal moments from our routine to be with the ones we love!
12. Deepika: “Main Mona. Mona Darling.”
Ranbir: “Toh mein aapko Mona kahu, ya Darling?”- Tamasha (2015)
This funny quip is typical Ranbir Kapoor. With a hint of humor, this one is flirtatious and zesty! NIIICCCEEE!