Do you believe in soul mates? This subject is one that has eluded me ever since I started dating. Too many times, I found myself wondering what it would feel like to meet my soul mate. However, after a string of breakups and too many close calls, I ended up wondering if the concept was even true. I had a tough time accepting that everyone has someone to make them believe that the *forever* we all read about in the romantic stories isn’t another illusion that will never exist in this real world.
However, I am not bitter. I do know that soul mates exist and that the forever we dream of can be real. If you too want to be drunk on the fountain of never-ending love, here are 20 of the best quotes about soul mates that will make you believe in the beauty of the term. These quotes about soul mates span different times and contexts, but the love they carry makes them timeless.
So, are you willing to get drunk and high on love by the enchanting beauty of these soul mate quotes? Let us bow to the brilliance of the words and take a journey to the lanes of everlasting love.
1. “I told you. You don’t love someone because of their looks or their clothes or their car. You love them because they sing a song only your heart can understand.” – L.J. Smith
Isn’t this precisely what love should feel like? Now you will know when you have found your true soul mate.
2. “Giving someone a piece of your soul is better than giving a piece of your heart. Because souls are eternal.” – Helen Boswell
This is exactly why we say that even when people die, their souls don’t.
3. “In a church of my own we’re perfect together
I recognize you in the stained glass.” – Heather Nova
This quote is so hauntingly beautiful. I wonder how it would feel to be loved by someone like this.
4. “I want to be your soul mate, even if I don’t believe in them.” – Colleen Hoover
This one appeals to all those who have been burned so badly by love that they refuse to believe in the myth called forever, but somehow they still do. Twisted, isn’t it? Love is never easy!
5. “There are not enough days in forever to allow me to fully express the depth of my love for you.” – Steve Maraboli
*Mush alert* Some of us are really blessed to find people who can love with affection so deep that the ocean is put to shame.
6. “In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.” – Maya Angelou
Maya Angelou really knows how to make people fall in love with love!
7. “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.” – Emily Brontë
It is really believed that true soul mates are made from the same piece of stardust.
8. “The minute I heard my first love story I started looking for you, not knowing how blind I was. Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
Rumi is the finest source for the best piece of inspiration. You are a part of love, right?
9. “He felt now that he was not simply close to her, but that he did not know where he ended and she began.” – Leo Tolstoy
Sometimes when love overpowers you, you really do not feel like two different entities anymore. So, let love be the reason you conquer life.
10. “Our souls already know each other, don’t they?” he whispered. “It’s our bodies that are new.” – Karen Ross
Soul mates are known to extend beyond the realms of their individual bodies. Their connection is so much more than physical.
Suggested read: 25 cutesy quotes about first love to make you nostalgic
11. “A soul mate is someone to whom we feel profoundly connected, as though the communicating and communing that take place between us were not the product of intentional efforts, but rather a divine grace.” – Thomas Moore
I think it is not wrong to think of soul mates as true gifts given by God to help you traverse this journey of life.
12. “I’m done. I don’t need anything more out of life. I have you, and that’s enough.” – Alessandra Torre
When you get your one true soul mate, you will feel that life will suddenly begin to look complete because the contentment of the heart matters most.
13. “‘Soul mate’ is an overused term, but a true soul connection is very rare, and very real.” – Hilary Duff
This would be testified by every single soul who has been blessed to have found their soul mate.
14. “A gentleman holds my hand.
A man pulls my hair.
A soul mate will do both.”
– Alessandra Torre
You know a soul mate by the way they trigger emotions in your heart.
15. “‘You see,’ she concluded miserably, ‘when I can call like that to him across space – I belong to him. He doesn’t love me – he never will – but I belong to him.’” – L.M. Montgomery
Some love stories are meant to be a tragedy because tragedy, too, is a deep form of love. Isn’t it? Love is unconditional, eh?
16. “‘What are the chances you’d ever meet someone like that?’ he wondered. ‘Someone you could love forever, someone who would forever love you back? And what did you do when that person was born half a world away?’ The math seemed impossible.” – Rainbow Rowell
This one goes out to all of you who have a long distance lover in whom you have found the true soul mate. It hurts, but it feels good.
17. “I want you any way I can get you. Not because you’re beautiful or clever or kind or adorable, although devil knows you’re all those things. I want you because there’s no one else like you, and I don’t ever want to start a day without seeing you.” – Lisa Kleypas
Sometimes life puts you in a place where it is unbearable to think of anyone else instead of your soul mate. That is when you know you’ve found the gem.
18. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Roy Croft
Love definitely makes you into a better person. It lets the goodness in you shine bright.
19. “A soul mate is the one person whose love is powerful enough to motivate you to meet your soul, to do the emotional work of self-discovery, of awakening.” – Kenny Loggins
Isn’t it beautiful how your soul mate could make you the best version of YOU?
20. “You know you’re in love when you can’t fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams.” –– Dr. Seuss
There’s no one better than Dr. Seuss to put it so succinctly as to what love does to you.
Suggested read: 50 cute love quotes that will make you feel LOVED!
What do you feel about these quotes about soul mates? Isn’t it really beautiful to believe in the mesmerizing power of love? There is so much beauty attached to love and it would be wrong to give up on it because of a few misses.
Every person has a love story; all you need is the heart to believe that you will unite with the person that you are meant to love forever. The stars are smiling at the beginning of your story, and so should you!
What say? Want to add to my hand-picked collection of quotes about soul mates? Go ahead, I would love them!
Spread the love and steal some kisses. 😉