How cool is foreplay? That moment when you start exploring each other, emotionally, physically, sexually. Tapping into one another. Taking it slowly. Foreplay is a beautiful thing.
But is foreplay really that important to an active sex life? Doesn’t foreplay often get in the way of the main game? Doesn’t it slow the show the down a bit? How long should you indulge in foreplay before going for the main event?
Image source: Shutterstock
Let’s explore the importance of foreplay in our relationships. And to that effect, here are a few points on what my take is on the subject!
1. Foreplay is about connecting with your lover. It’s your way of illustrating to them that you enjoy their company, your time with them, and the moments of intimacy you share together. You don’t need to rush, because you enjoy being with them. Alone, together, as one.
2. Foreplay isn’t all about self-gratification, as sex sometimes is in our relationships. It’s more about giving, giving to one another. These moments of bliss, when we take time to explore each other’s bodies, to begin turning each other on, are beautiful. They are the jewel in our relationship’s crown. Teasing, arousing, pleasing one another, without the need to reach the finish line first, are so important in a loving relationship. They show that you care, you care for one another.
3. The sensuality associated with foreplay is an extension of your true emotions, your feelings toward your lover. Those soft touches, easy smiles, and smooth sounds during foreplay together, heighten the sexual connection you have with each other. They are at the core of who you are as a couple. Re-establishing this connection at the commencement of the lovemaking process ensures that you are again moving on a path together toward sexual fulfillment. It’s not about just me, or just you, and what turns you on or makes me excited, it’s about us. Taking time to indulge in this sexy time known as foreplay, reignites your passion for one another, and ensures the main game is going to be a good one, if not a better one.
Image source: Shutterstock
4. Foreplay can be sexy too. That moment when you first realize your lover’s heightened emotions. When you first explore their erogenous zones. When you slowly undress each other and feel one another for the first time today, is a sexy thing. Slowly, slowly, exploring one another. Tuning into each other. Turning one another on.
5. And last but not least, foreplay isn’t only just meaningful from a relationship perspective, it is important on a personal level, for you too. Foreplay is about making you feel special, making you feel wanted, and making you feel loved. And that’s a good thing. See the importance of foreplay for an active sex life? So the next time you and your lover get naughty between the sheets, don’t forget to indulge in foreplay.
Featured image source: Shutterstock