I remember the first time I had read The Notebook. I kept going back to my favorite passages (which means I went back to almost every other page) and read and re-read them until I had them by heart. That’s what Nicholas Sparks quotes do- make a place in your heart, so they can call it home.
If you don’t believe me, plunge into our heartpicked collection of Nicholas Sparks quotes and tell us if your heart is where their home is:
Suggested read: 30 beautiful John Green quotes for those in love with LOVE
1. She was struck by the simple truth that sometimes the most ordinary things could be made extraordinary simply by doing them with the right people. —The Lucky One
Been there, done that! How many reading this are guilty? 😉
2. The best love is the kind that awakens the soul and makes us reach for more, that plants a fire in our hearts and brings peace to our minds. And that’s what you’ve given me. That’s what I’d hoped to give you forever. —The Notebook
3. Love is like the wind, you can’t see it but you can feel it. —A Walk To Remember
Major *feels*, anyone?
4. And then you stopped. And looked at me. And I knew then exactly what was going to happen. You kissed me, yes. But it was not just goodnight. Even then, I could feel the promise in it. The promise that you would kiss me just like that, forever. —The Longest Ride
Because all kisses taste like a forever in your mouth!
5. We fell in love, despite our differences, and once we did, something rare and beautiful was created. For me, love like that has only happened once, and that’s why every minute we spent together has been seared in my memory. I’ll never forget a single moment of it. —The Notebook
Because alone, we are good, but together, we are fantastic!
6. I know that somehow, every step I took since the moment I could walk was a step towards finding you. —Message In A Bottle
And am I falling in love already?
7. The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it’s over. —Nights In Rodanthe
8. And when her lips met mine, I knew that I could live to be a hundred and visit every country in the world, but nothing would ever compare to that single moment when I first kissed the girl of my dreams and knew that my love would last forever. —Dear John
And again, a forever in a moment!
9. Deep in her heart, she wasn’t sure she deserved to be happy, nor did she believe that she was worthy of someone who seemed…normal. —Safe Haven
But man proposes and God disposes… <magic>
10. Romance is thinking about your significant other, when you are supposed to be thinking about something else. —Nicholas Sparks
Happen to you? Happens to me, all the time! 😛
11. Sometimes you have to be apart from people you love, but that doesn’t make you love them any less. Sometimes you love them more. —The Last Song
12. If we’d never met, I think I would have known my life wasn’t complete. And I would have wandered the world in search of you, even if I didn’t know who I was looking for. —The Longest Ride
Because sometimes, you know someone, somewhere is meant for you…
13. Love, after all, always said more about those who felt it than it did about the ones they loved. —The Best Of Me
The truth’s been spoken…
14. Spending time with you showed me what I’ve been missing in my life. The more time we spent together, the more I could imagine it lasting in the future. That’s never happened to me before, and I’m not sure it’ll ever happen again. I’ve never been in love with anyone before you came along. —The Choice
Of first love and the magic of first love…
15. If you like her, if she makes you happy, and if you feel like you know her—then don’t let her go. —Message In A Bottle
Because in your heart, you know she’s worth it…
16. Lost in her breath-like touch, he knew only one thing for sure: In the instant their lips first met, there was a flicker of something almost electrical that made him believe the feeling would last forever. —The Guardian
That moment where you lock in a forever, for ever and ever!
17. I truly believe that while love can hurt, love can also heal… —Safe Haven
Only love conquers what love yields…
18. Love is fragile. And we’re not always its best caretakers. We just muddle through and do the best we can. And hope this fragile thing survives against all odds. —The Last Song
When you do the best you can, you know you’ve given it all you could- if then, something gives, you know it wasn’t yours to keep.
Which of these Nicholas Sparks quotes is your favorite? Tell us in the comments below.