Charlotte Tilbury Cheek to Chic Blush
MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Into the Pink
- If you have dry skin then you’d be best suited to a beautiful cream or liquid blush. Not only will a cream blush add a pop of color to your face, but will also moisturize your cheeks (which tend to be one of the driest spots on your face). The best way to wear a cream blush is to either blot it into your cheeks with a beauty blender, or to use your fingers. The warmth from your fingers will help the blush melt into your skin and look natural and beautiful. Here are some of our favorite cream blushes.
NARS Liquid Blush in Orgasm
Charlotte Tilbury Beach Stick
- If you have combination skin, chances are, your skin is oilier than it is dry, especially around the cheeks. So, opt for powder blushes and blush stains, over cream blushes, which tend to slide around a bit on oily skin. Powder blushes will absorb any excess oil production and keep your makeup from looking greasy. However, if you skin is still a bit on the drier side, use a cheek stain for a long-lasting flush. Here are some of our favorite picks for combination skin.
Yves Saint Laurant Glossy Stain in Rouge Fusion
Marc Jacobs Shameless
3. Pick a Style
No you do not need to pick a style and stick to it. You can look like a glowy cherub one day, an emo punk-rock-lover the next day and a high fashion model ready for LFW the day after that. But the blushes you will need for each of those looks are pretty diverse. So, when you’re searching for an amazing blush, you need to decide on a particular type of look you want to create.
- If you are a lover of the no-makeup-makeup trend, then sheer blushes with a lot of shimmer are the way to go. The sheerness of the color will keep it from looking over the top, while the shimmer helps the blush double time as a highlighter as well! You can check the points above to figure out your skin type and undertones. Using those factors as well, opt for a color that will suit you and make you look like a complete angel. Here are our top sheer blushes with shimmer, for olive skin.
Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Lighting Blush collection
Marc Jacobs Airblush Duo in Kink&Kisses
Clinique Cheek Pop
- If you’re more of a glam-babe, who likes a false lashes and her popping contour and highlight, then you know as well as I do, that your look cannot possible be complete without the perfect blush. For glamorous looks, opt for high-shine, pigmented blushes that will complement your entire makeup look and make you look like a total showstopper. Here are some of our favorite glam blushes for olive skin.
Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed
MAC Mineralize Blush in Dainty
Tom Ford Blush in Ravish
- If you’re a bit of a trendsetter who likes taking beauty risks, then why not try a few adventurous shades of blusher to really push the beauty boundaries? Swap the sheer and glowy blushes for incredibly pigmented blushes in shades of fuchsia, purple, coral and even brown. You could even try blushes that have a metallic finish, for a really edgy, otherworldly look. Here are some of our absolutely favorite edgy blushes for olive skin.
Suggested read: The Complete Beginner’s Guide To Determining One’s Skin Tone
MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Rosy Cheeks
Marc Jacobs Shameless Blush
MAC Extra Dimension Blush in Cheeky Bits
So these were some basic tips on how to find the best blush for olive skin. These tips act merely as a guide that helps you find something that you absolutely love, rather than a strict set of rules that you must follow. While our tips can help you find an amazing product, all that matters at the end of the day is that you are happy with the way you look and with the person that you are.
Featured image source: Instagram