Taylor Swift was a total badass at the Grammy’s this year when she went up on stage to accept the Album of the Year but she also doled out a few nuggets of GOOD advice.
“I want to say to all the young women out there—there are going to be people along the way who are going to try to undercut your success or take credit for your accomplishments or your fame. But if you just focus on the work and you don’t let those people sidetrack you, someday when you get where you’re going, you’ll look around and you will know that it was you and the people who love you who put you there. And that will be greatest feeling in the world.”
Image source: Grammy
Suggested read: Iconic quotes from Rumi that will guide you through life..
Well, she has always been a straightforward lassie and we just love it when the topic is love and relationships..
Image source: usmagazine
Here are those moments when Taylor Swift got our jaws dropping to the floor with the naked truth about love –
1. When all things are changed by time, love remains untouched…
The way you walk, way you talk, way you say my name; it’s beautiful, wonderful, don’t you ever change.
2. Because you can never ‘fall’ in love when there’s someone to hold you..and keep you from getting hurt..
We should love, not fall in love, because everything that falls, gets broken.
Suggested read: 10 times Taylor Swift gave everyone major outfit goals in 2015
3. When pain becomes a choice, like love itself…
There are two ways you can go with pain: You can let it destroy you or you can use it as fuel to drive you…
Don’t worry. You may think you’ll never get over it. But you also thought it would last forever.
5. You are every bit worthy of every inch of the universe. Don’t let anybody tell you otherwise.
Never believe anyone who tells you that you don’t deserve what you want.
6. Coz when you hide, you are damaging your inside..
Keeping your emotions all locked up is something that’s unfair to you. When you clearly know how you feel. You should say it.
7. More than skin deep, isn’t it? If only all eyes could see..
Beauty is sincerity. There are so many different ways someone can be beautiful.
In any relationship each person should support the other; they should lift the other up.
9. Coz you are the only one like you!
Be yourself. There is no one better.
10. Isn’t it simply wonderful how you lock boundless love in grains of time- as memories forever?
When you are missing someone, time seems to move slower, and when you’re falling in love with someone, time seems to be moving faster.
11. Seems legit, no? Love’s a two-way street!
Relationships are like traffic lights. And I just have this theory that I can only exist in a relationship if it’s a green light.
12. And there, somebody explained the ‘bad boy’ fetish in a GOOD way…
I think every girl’s dream is to find a bad boy at the right time, when he wants to not be bad anymore.
13. That’s about right…
I have rules for a lot of areas of my life. Love is not going to be one of them.
14. And that’s the truth..bare, raw and unminced…
In life and love, you learn that there comes a time to let go and move on.
15. A roller coaster called love..or maybe, a kaleidoscope- with everything packed in one!
It’s the most maddening, beautiful, magical, horrible, painful, wonderful joyous thing in the world, love.
16. You can’t plan it, all you can do is embrace it when it comes along…
Love will find you when you least expect it.
17. Even when it hurts so much it warrants a kill…
To truly love is to have the courage to walk away and let the other person who wishes to be free go no matter how much it hurts.
18. Because LOVE always teaches your heart a thing or two…
I’ve been careful in love. I’ve been careless in love. And I’ve had adventures I wouldn’t trade for anything.
19. When checklists need to be trashed…
I believe when it comes to love, there’s something intangible about whom we are attracted to, and I don’t think I have a pattern.
20. Crazy, Stupid, Love
I think I am smart unless I am really, really in love, and then I am ridiculously stupid.
21. Because belief can move mountains…
Real love still happens sometimes. It’s not just something we make up when you’re nine. I have to believe that. You do too.
Which is your favorite Taylor Swift quote on love? Tell us in the comments below.
Featured image source: billboard