Receive LOVE in your mailbox

Try our weekly newsletter with amazing tips to bring and retain love in your life

A Gardendale Husband’s Heartfelt Post About His Wife Is The Best Thing You’ll Read Today!

Husbands and wives share a unique relationship. They love each other; they get angry at each other; they’ve each seen the other at their best as well as their worst; they’ve seen the other without all the necessary primping; they’ve been there for each other through thick and thin; at times, they might get the urge to either hit the other upside the head or kiss them senseless. It’s a sort of love-hate relationship, where the love wins, hands down, 90 percent of the time. But the other 10 percent – I can’t say for certain! 😛

But it takes a special kind of relationship where the man acknowledges all that his wife does, and salute her for it. That’s what a Gardendale, Alabama resident has done. He wrote a heartfelt post about his wife, a trauma nurse, on Facebook. And needless to say, social media being what it is, made the post viral, with more than 600,000 likes and 32,000 comments, with the post itself being shared more than 145,000 times!

bobby wesson wife's photo

Bobby Wesson’s wife’s photo with their toddler

Image source: Facebook

Suggested read: 10 compelling reasons why you should date your wife

So, what did he write in the post? Take a look:

This is my wife taking a nap. In an hour she will wake up, put on her scrubs and get ready for work.

The tools and items she needs to perform her job will be gathered and checked meticulously – her hair and makeup will be done quickly. She will complain that she looks awful. I will disagree, emphatically, and get her a cup of coffee.

She will sit on the couch with her legs crossed under her and try to drink it while happily playing with the toddler that’s crawling all over her.

She will occasionally stare off blankly as we talk; silently steeling herself for the coming shift. She thinks I don’t notice.

She will kiss the baby, she will kiss me and she will leave to go take care of people that are having the worst day of their entire lives. Car wrecks, gunshot wounds, explosions, burns and breaks – professionals, poor, pastors, addicts and prostitutes – mothers, fathers, sons, daughters and families – it doesn’t matter who you are or what happened to you.

She will take care of you.

She will come home 14 hours later and remove shoes that have walked through blood, bile, tears and fire from aching feet and leave them outside.

Sometimes she will not want to talk about it. Sometimes she can’t wait to talk about it.

Sometimes she will laugh until she cries and sometimes she will just cry – but regardless of those sometimes she will be on time for her next shift.

My wife is a nurse. My wife is a hero.

Check out the original Facebook post here:

This is my wife taking a nap. In an hour she will wake up, put on her scrubs and get ready for work.

The tools and…

Posted by Bobby Wesson on Saturday, 7 November 2015

Do you know any other such great husbands? Are you lucky enough to be sharing such a wonderful relationship with your spouse? Tell us in the comments below.

Featured image source: Facebook

Article Name
A Gardendale Husband Writes Heartfelt Post About Trauma Nurse Wife
A Gardendale husband has taken to social media to salute his wife, a trauma nurse. Read the heartfelt post here.
Chaitra Ramalingegowda

Chaitra Ramalingegowda

I fell in love with storytelling long before I knew what it was. Love well written stories, writing with passion, baking lip-smacking-finger-licking chocolate cakes, engaging movies, and home-cooked food. A true work-in-progress and a believer in the idiom 'all those who wander are not lost'. Twitter: @ChaitraRlg