You know what’s the secret to a perfect look? It’s on-spot hair. Let’s be honest – there are days when we all want to turn the head of every onlooker. Though, it takes more than just the perfect wardrobe or the right shoes to get that show-stopping look. Sometimes, that picture-perfect hair can really bring a major difference. Read on as I have handpicked some of the best hair setting spray options that you should consider to get that perfect hair.
Suggested read: Top 10 Hair Moisturizers To Invest In
Why do you need a hair setting spray?
If you want to style your hair like a pro, then you should certainly invest in a good hair setting spray.
- It will give your hair a perfect finish and will hold them for a longer time.
- You don’t have to go through the hassle of using gels and creams.
- A good hair setting spray can help us stylize our hair in different ways quickly.
- If you are planning to curl your hair, then a setting spray can hold it pretty easily.
- Get smoother hair by optimizing hair strands and messy split ends.
- Most importantly, it will give more volume to your hair. You would have the freedom to style your hair in numerous ways without worrying about the lack of volume or depth.
Tips for applying a hair setting spray
While sprays can give more versatility to your hair, they should be used in an ideal manner. Consider the following things in mind the next time you apply a hair setting spray.
- To start with, keep the hairspray at least 10-12 inches away from your head. Ideally, you should only apply it 3 to 4 times.
- While setting your hair, work in layers. That is, work on the first layer, apply the spray to set it, and do it again. This will give more volume to your hair.
- If you have long hair, then shake your head and try to throw your strands outward. Apply spray while holding them upside down. Afterward, set them back gently. This will also prevent your scalp from any damage.
- Try not to brush through your hair after applying the spray. Instead, use your bare hands to give them a perfect finish.
- If you are aiming for curls, then spray them individually. If you spray them together, then they might get entangled.
- To further stylize your hair, you can take the assistance of rollers or irons as well before applying the final layer of the spray.
- Choose your hairspray wisely. For instance, if you have oily hair, then avoid getting a glossy spray.
Suggested read: Top 10 Hair Moisturizers To Invest In
The Best Hair Setting Spray Options Out There
If you haven’t found that perfect hairspray for you, then hold on. It might take a while, but once we find the right hair product, our entire life changes. I would recommend giving the following hair setting sprays a try.
- Moroccanoil Luminous Medium Hold Hairspray
If you think that hairsprays are all about alcohol and chemicals, then you should certainly try this all-natural based spray. It will keep your hair fluffy and lustrous all day long without any extra effort. The product is highly recommended to fight humidity and frizz. It is based on argan oil and contains high antioxidants to nourish your hair.
- Nexxus Comb Thru Finishing Mist
This hairspray from Nexxus will certainly help you add more volume to your hair. Lightweight, it is a medium-hold spray and will let you even comb your hair afterward to get a flawless fix. Your hair won’t feel stiff and will remain in a perfect style all day long. It features an advanced Fluid-fix Technology to give a natural movement to the strands.
- Oribe Superfine Hairspray
A lot of people find hairsprays dry and damaging to their scalp. If you have the same concern, then you should try this superfine spray from Oribe. It is made of aloe leaf extracts that hydrate our hair and scalp in the process. Other ingredients include Japanese bamboo, radish root, and caffeine. With a medium hold, it allows brushing of hair as well.
- TRESemmé Ultra Fine Hairspray
You must have seen this hairspray being used by professionals as well. Having ultra-setting and humidity-resistant properties, it is used by experts for a reason. The spray ensures to hold your hair for 24 hours without any frizz. Since it has an alcohol-free formula, it won’t damage your scalp.
- Pantene Pro-V Extra Strong Hold Hairspray
While light and medium hold sprays can be used quite frequently, we all need at least one strong hold spray. This extra strong spray from Pantene will be your go-to product for those perfect evenings. Having an alcohol-free formula, it will make sure that your hairstyle stays intact all day long. In the end, it will leave your hair soft and bouncy.
- Dove Compressed Micro Mist Flexible Hold Hairspray
Another strong hold hairspray that we would recommend is from the house of Dove. It has excellent anti-frizzing and fast-drying properties, making it quite a keeper. While the spray is based on alcohol, it also promises to leave your hair fluffy and nourished. It won’t keep your hair sticky so that you can easily brush them even after applying the hairspray.
- BOLDIFY Hair Thickening Spray
As the name suggests, the spray is mostly used by those who would like to attain more volume. This hair texturing and thickening spray can be used by both men and women. In less than a minute, it will give your hair an instant styling. It has a unique non-sticky formula to make sure your hair would stay natural for hours. If you are looking for a light hold product, then this might be the one.
- Sebastian Hair Shaper and Spray
Get your best hair done with this hair shaper and spray from the new line of Sebastian. It is mostly recommended to get lasting curls and give your hair a flawless finish. The spray is extremely lightweight and will even let you brush your hair afterward. Though, you should know that just like other popular sprays, this one is also based on alcohol.
- R+CO Outer Space Flexible Hairspray
Out of all the hairsprays offered by R+CO, this one is our favorite. With this spray, the sky is the limit as you can easily stylize your hair the way you like. It is made of Amphomer polymer to give a flexible appeal to your hair and style them in different ways. The pro Vitamin B5 will nourish your hair and make them thinner.
- FRAGFRE Hair Finishing Spray
Give your hair a flawless finish with this trusted product. It will impart a lustrous appeal to your hair while increasing their volume. Free of alcohol or any other harmful chemical, it will also provide protection from humidity. The fragrance-free finishing spray will impart a lasting protection to your strands.
- Redken Forceful Super Strength Hairspray
One of the strongest hairsprays of all, it will certainly give your hair a thick and flawless appeal. While I won’t recommend using it on a daily basis, it will be a go-to product for those special occasions. The product has humidity-resistant and shape memory texture properties. It has Vitamin C to keep your hair frizzy-less and in good health.
- Nick Chavez Thirst Quencher Hydrating Hairspray
For all those who are looking for a hydrating spray, this would be an ideal option. Mostly suited for silky and shiny hair, it has hydrating properties to keep your scalp moisturized. Based on argan oil, it will provide a medium-hold and leave your hair bouncy for sure.
- Wella Flex Stylish Hairspray
This styling hairspray provides a strong and lasting hold, which makes it ideal for certain occasions. It will make sure that your strands won’t stick by increasing their volume. Since the product is based on alcohol, it is not suited for daily use, but will surely help you make a statement every once in a while.
- Rusk W8less Extra Strong Hold Hairspray
Probably one of the best hairsprays out there, it is extremely lightweight and will give your hair a natural glow. Having extra strong hold properties, it will let you style your hair the way you like. Later, you can even brush or blow-dry your hair as well. The spray will leave a subtle shine in the end that you would love for sure.
- John Masters Organic Hairspray
Halt your quest for the best organic hairspray right here. It does not contain alcohol, sulfur, or any other chemical that can harm your hair. Made of Aloe Vera extracts, it will give a perfect finish to your hair while leaving a soothing scent. It will provide a flexible yet flawless hold to your hair that you can maintain all day long.
Suggested read: The Best Hair Regrowth Products: Try Them Before Giving Up!
I’m sure that after having a look at these options, you would be able to pick the best hair setting spray for you. Just be sure that you keep the quality of your hair in mind while buying a spray. Go ahead and explore these hairsprays in detail to weigh their pros and cons before making a purchase. If you have also tried a hair setting spray in the past that you wish to recommend to our readers, then simply drop a comment below.
Featured image source: Pixabay, under Creative Commons License